In Apartment Therapy design

Compact Design is the Way to Go


Now that I am back in New York, I once again appreciate the value of space and how much space is valued at here in the city. As a kid I lived in a studio apartment with not one, not two but seven people (well, 5 of my siblings at that time) and the space was tight but my mom knew how to make it work out for everyone splitting the apartment in two and making one half the communal/family room and the second half the kid's space and I even had my own bed! But it has trained me to appreciate and manage living in tight quarters, such as the space above. 

Now that I'm a grown up not only do I not mind living in small spaces, such as a studio, but I also love great designed pieces to place in there as well. 
This home which was featured on Apartment Therapy is rented by fellow New Yorker who is greatly inspired by art deco styles and owns great pieces such as an Eames chair and a Louis Ghost Chair.

See more of his space here.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate