In couches hideous rustic ugliest sofas ugly sofas upholstery

8 Ugly Sofas Found in 15 Seconds


To truly love interior design one has to encompass the good and the bad design. But when it's bad sometimes it's baaaaaad.

So recently I have been looking online for trending sofas like new and modern sofa designs and unique sofa creations in the chance of sparking my upholstery creativity. While looking through a myriad of websites and blogs I couldn't help but notice that the ratio of beautiful sofas was equally matched with quite hideous ones! Here is a quick list of just eight sofas that I've come upon in 15 seconds that made me go "Eww!" than "Ahh!"




Ugly Sofa #8:  Lava Sofa by Studio Vertijet

While I absolutely love the color of this sofa, that's just about the end of my excitement for this piece. The weird flowing, bulging blob down the center and the weird mat-like thingy spewing out of that was enough to put this sofa on the list. Too bad, it has so much potential!

Ugly Sofa #7: Deer Valley Canyon by Rustic Best
I know that since I'm a city girl I can't get the gist of certain design styles, such as this one, where people feel inclined to mix horribly dated fabrics with leather. Someone, please, explain!




Ugly Sofa #6: Hawaiian Sofa from Mommy Life
Holy floral patterned sofa, Batman! All this sofa is missing is a few pineapples and a beach. Crazy imagine that someone had this upholstered on purpose. I could only imagine with the throw pillows look like! 







Ugly Sofa #5: The UnRoyal Treatment from Curbly 
This gold floral sofa was kindly made for not only for a few people to sit but even has a corner piece built in so it can squeeze in more people so everyone can get a piece of the action. 








Ugly Sofa #4 : from You Frisky
I'd like to call this the Jaba the Hut sofa, with legs. With a mixture of leather, wood and oversized buttons the thin frame doesn't logically seem like it should hold up the amorphous body. Odd, no?  


Ugly Sofa #3: On The Wall Sofa by Avaid Gil
I'd beg to differ- this sofa is actually an off the wall design. The "sofa"which is made of texturized vinyl, rubber, iron, wood, foam is designed to seat more than one person but it seems the extra slant might deter another person from wanting to pop a squat, so to say. What better way to say "Don't sit here!" than with this chair. Unless you built a room shaped like an octagon I can't figure out where this would be best fit, unless it was for the Flintstones. 


Ugly Sofa #2: Catcus Sofa
Yes ,we can see that it's obviously this sofa was obviously designed for the people you dont want to stay long! Mother-in-laws beware!


and now.....



Ugly Sofa #1: Spiesser Sofa by Hannes Grebin
So this one takes the cake, especially since I can't particularly tell what exactly is supposed to be happening here. It's almost like a hodgepodge of a broken sofa tossed with an area rug and old lady place mats strategically placed on what I assume are edges. Even down to the awkwardly spindly and uneven legs I would be quite afraid to sit on this couch! Number one!

Would I see one of these if I came by your place?  

**Update!**
Who knew? There is actually a worldwide ugly couch competition by Norwood Mall. The website (which has has been holding the competition since 2001!) hosts a map with photos taken worldwide of the ugliest sofas around. Sadly there is no actual prize such as a new sofa, only the title as the "Ugliest Couch In The World" (bummer!) While some of the couches are mildly ugly, simply outdated or worn, some are  to say the least complete hideous! My favorite by far is the winner in 2003. Check them out here...if you dare. 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate