In

Snowmazing! Beautiful Pics of Snow


Lil Pumpkin making snow angels after the storm
So while I was born in the January, I would dare to say that I am far from being a "winter baby". While I am sure that ski trips and icebergs are great and all, I would prefer a nice sandy beach, blue waters and 80 degree weather over snow any day. At the same time, I can't deny the hint of excitement I felt when I was hearing of the impending, "epic" snow storm Nemo that was heading our way last week. Perhaps it's all the drastic changes of the seasons these years (*cough* global warming *cough*) but not having a traditional and snowy winter I was even, suffice to say, excited about the storm! And while I might not be the biggest fan of ice cold fingers and toes, little Pumpkinhead loves every single flake.

Of course once I woke in the morning and began to survey the aftermath of Nemo, I was relieved that instead of finding myself burrow out the front door and finding a wild winter wonderland, instead everything was nicely coated with a pillowy layer of perfect snowball, snow angle snow.

While this blizzard fulfills my winter/snow quota for the rest of the season, it was a great reminder of the wonderful beauty and purity of snow. Between snow covered cities, to sculptures (being natural or manmade) to places where snow lives all year around, all are wonderful reminders of the many beautiful forms of Mother Nature.

Here is a mini collection of photos showing he different types of snow from simple city snow to snowcapped mountains

City snow
These Juhyou snow mountains from Japan remind me of Dr. Seuss lands.
courtesy of oddity central
These architectural ice feats were part of the annual ice festival in China. So much hard work and details from amazing sculpture artist.
I think snow covered trees are just beautiful, dont' you?
Snow to the exTREEme! Snowcapped mountains showcase nature at it's best.

Lovely, aren't they? 


Related Articles

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Translate